Saturday, August 8, 2009

Won't you be my neighbor?

This is how life should be; you and neighbors sitting together enjoying a good tv show together. (I say neighbors these little friends came over from our next door neighbor for my girls to have last summer. And Dylan (my fav nephew) wanted them to sit and watch tv, his friends as he called them. He is so cute, so content to sit with his new friends. They even shared lunch together.
All this to say my heart is full of joy this morning, even though my fibromyalgia is acting up so I am in pain. But our life seems to be happy, yes we still have those speed bumps, I will call them. But God is pulling our family together. Today we are having a family BBQ for my nephew (not Dylan) who is leaving again to go overseas for another 6months to year. I plan on taking some pics today to share. Please keep George in your prayers with the other soldiers that are overseas away from their families.

Here is some scripture that was brought to my attention from a dear friend. Enjoy
Encouragement from my Psalm 139 study that we are doing right now.

Psalm 30:5 (NIV)
For his anger lasts only a moment, but is favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 33: 20-22 (NIV)
We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.

note from me: years ago I thought I had no hope in my life, but God was there even when I couldn't see or feel or understand him. God was carrying me along in life, when I was crying his name and curled up in a ball in the corner he was holding me in his arms. Something down deep in me, held onto the concept that there was hope for me. And there was, today I stand saved, healed, loved by my Lord.

everything rides on hope now

everything rides on faith somehow

when the world has broken me down

your love sets me free...

(words to a song, can't remember who signs them, but beautiful)

Blessings, Peggy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment