Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Who knows you?

Reading of Psalm 139:1-4 (part 1)

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise, you perceive my thoughts from afar,
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.

I love this chapter in Psalms; through my years of searching for healing of my painful sufferings. Learning how to discover God's love for me, I read Psalm 139 many times, highlighted much in my bible, underlined to death to the point of almost not being able to read the words on the page. That's how much I love this chapter and have found peace between the lines.

This psalm describes various aspects of God's attributes, about his omnipresence and omniscience as these characteristics relate to his care for us.
He created us knowing the perfect knowledge of each of us, he is always with us and his thoughts are always directed toward us in our everyday situations.

Verse 1-he knows me completely (wow my God has searched my heart and knows me, how exciting that he cares so much for me that he takes time for me).

Verse 2/3-he knows my every move of my day and night (he knows my deep inner thoughts and feelings, my desires and fears that sometimes overtakes me, he already knows them) why do I worry so?

Verse 4-he knows what I am going to say before I speak it (oh wow that scares me, because I know that sometimes my own thoughts scare me to repent of them, to know that he knows my words before I speak, that tells me to really think before I speak).

I have decided to do a blog devotion on this psalm, this is part one. Please stay tuned in for part two in a couple of days. A lady from another blog is going through a hard time, my heart was touched and God led me back to this Psalm to reread and pray on it and He wanted me to share from my heart. Thank you Lord for your wonderful love and peace that you have given to us.
With the economy, they way it's hitting people is so sad, we need each other more and more, most importantly we all need God in our lives.

Blessings, Peggy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment