Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Morning

Well it's Sunday morning, and we are getting ready slowly for Church, see in the summer we don't have Sunday school for the lack of teachers when people go on vacations. Which means we can sleep in and take our time getting ready for Church. I still get up at normal time as if there was Sunday school. I like a hot cup of coffee and the Word to start my day.
This morning I am reading from Proverbs 4:23-27

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.
Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.
Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

This word is for me today, it's hard in this world not to get caught up in everything going on around us. Through tv, schools, our kids, peer pressure, keeping up with the Jones. Sometimes I find my self there wishes we had this or could do that. I need to be thankful for what God has supplied to us and know that I am blessed.

blessings, peggy lee

No comments:

Post a Comment