Thursday, December 3, 2009

Homespun Heart


Homespun Heart: these words kept coming to mind to me after spending Thanksgiving with my family up in Maine. I left my husband and two daughters to have Thanksgiving dinner with Lee's family alone, and drove up to surprise my family. A visit that was long overdue, in this picture above is my mother Ada and my sister Nancy, on Nancy's wedding day wearing one of my mother's vintage dresses. Simple but Elegant.
Homespun Heart to memories long ago of how easy, simple and meaningful life was back when I was a child. As we flipped through old photos of us growing up and reliving my mother's childhood my heart was full of love and a feeling of peace.
I have been very overwhelmed with emotions lately, there is much going on in my family up in Maine that brings me deep sadness and concern and financial concerns here at our home, I have been a stay at home mom for over 17 years and from time to time have taken part time jobs, well I am back working again, and it brings stress and emotional upset with my girls and routine in our home. But I know God is in control of our lives, I need to remember to let him lead me and not me take control.
In Matthew 11:28-30 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." God doesn't expect us to take on life and it's storms alone, He is there to carry us through them and set our feet straight.
All this to say my heart is burden and I know that only God my Heavenly Father can take this hurt and release me, if I allow him to lead me through this storm and set my feet in the straight and narrow path to him. All will be well, even if the storms of life are still surround me, God is holding onto me.
With the Holiday Season upon us now, stress can creep in and overshadow our hearts. Let's not forgot the real reason for the season.

Christ Jesus birth...amen.

Blessings,
Peggy Lee

p.s. sorry for the lack in blogging, I promise to be more committed to this blog, for this brings me hope and happiness. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment